The student news site of Jerome High School

The Roaring Times

Baseball win series 2-1

Jordin Myers

The Jerome varsity baseball team was able to win the series against Canyon Ridge. After a slow start to their season and loses to two tough competitors in the Great Basin Conference.

Over the weekend, In the first game of the series against Canyon Ridge. Senior Brandon Leal started the night on the bump and would go on to pitch a complete game. In a game where the Tigers were looking to change things around. They were able to do just that as they found a footing and were able to get hits. The Tigers would win this game with a final score of 8-4.

The next day, the Tigers would be back in action as they played at home against Canyon Ridge. This time it would be Junior Jordin Myers starting the morning on the bump. The Tigers would have no luck though as they were unable to find a run. Losing the second game 10-0. In a tied series at 1-1, it all came down to who wanted it more.

In the final game of the series, Junior Braydon Ahrens started on the bump. Just like the game before the Tigers would struggle to get things rolling as they found themselves down by four going into the bottom of the 7th inning. That’s when things changed and the Tigers put a series of hits together, and with a few errors committed by the Riverhawks. The Tigers weren’t ready to lose at all as they would send the game into extra innings. With two outs in the bottom of the eight, the Tigers were able to get a runner on third. It would all come down on the Freshman Jarom Wallace who would give the Tigers the win as he hit one to the fence. The final score was 5-4. Senior Cole Arbaugh would finish the night with a save on the mound.

The Tigers (5-10) (2-7) will travel to Burley on Friday, April 22 to take on the Bobcats. Then turn around and play at home against the Bobcats on Saturday, April 23.