The Roaring Times

Chambers: Singing for State Officials

Antonia Gutierrez

The Jerome High School Chambers Choir is going to be performing at the College of Southern Idaho for State Officials on December 7.

The Chambers Choir is an all-girls choir that holds auditions for its participants. There are 15 girls that make up the choir. The members are, Christelyn Carkin, Brenna Jacobsen, Aspen Leigh, Michelle Ricketts, Brystle Black, Lori Agueda, Dazia Barba, Kailey Esparza, Marita Avery, Hope Fitzgerald, Kelly Damian, Jaileen Arevalo, Mia Garcia, Mia Anderson and Katie Maynard.

The girls range from freshman to seniors. Any girl can audition to be in it. They sing a variety of songs ranging from Christmas songs, to pop songs, and even some patriotic songs. Right now, their main focus is on the Christmas songs that they will be performing for the State Officials.

Every one of the Chambers singers will be performing for the State Board of Education and state and local legislators. There will be two soloists Michelle Ricketts and Aspen Leigh. This will be the choir’s second consecutive year that they will be doing this event. The school’s superintendent, Dale Layne, nominated them to sing for them. They will be singing a short performance for them.

“Our set includes, ‘Merry Christmas Darling,’ ‘Christmas Island,’ ‘Grown up Christmas List,’ and ‘I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause,” said Chambers director, Collette Hall.

“Last year we (Chambers Choir) sang for the legislature, but this year there are a lot of newbies, so it is a first for some. And, we are all very excited. Not only do we get to sing for them, but afterwards, during breakfast, we will be able to talk to them,” said Esparza.

“They have been working hard all semester and look forward to this performance. Last year they were able to mingle with the legislators and both parties were able to learn from each other. We hope to have the same awesome experience this year!” said Hall.

The girls are excited for this event. This is an important performance that will help gain confidence for many future important performances. They will be leaving early in the morning and coming back around 10. Wish them luck.