The Roaring Times

Bowling Districts

Jordin Myers

On Monday, February 6, the boys and girls single district competition started. During this meet, the bowling team added two bowlers to the list. The two that qualified were Jason Black and Zanna Cromer.

The bowler with the highest score for the team was Austin Harnden, who bowled an amazing 180 for one of his games but fell short 25 pins of qualifying for a slot at state.

Before going into the district meeting. Jerome qualified three bowlers for the individual State competition. Those three are Skyelir Scarrow, Eddie Mackie and Sierra Benoff-Cruz.

When the team district competition came around the boys had to play in Six Baker games. What is a Baker game? This game consists of a team of five bowlers with each bowler bowling two of the ten frames in a single game. Bowler #1 would bowl the 1st and 6th frame, bowler #2 would get the 2nd and 7th and so on.

Jerome went head to head with all the schools in our District including Declo and Gooding. They were able to beat Gooding in a head to head match but lost to the other schools. In the six matches bowled the boys were looking to knock down 750 pins or average 125 pins per game to qualify to state. They were able to achieve this and head on to the state tournament.

Jerome bowling coach Ben Carlisle said, “He is looking for a respectable showing out of his team in the state tournament”. He wants to see his team finish at least in the middle of the 4A and 5A schools.

State team competition is Monday the 13th, and Individual state competition is Tuesday the 14th.