The student news site of Jerome High School

The Roaring Times

Coming Soon… Mary Poppins

Chezney Olsen

The timeless classic, Mary Poppins, magically comes to life as the Jerome Tiger Troupe brings the newly released Broadway version of this beloved show to the stage.

This heartwarming show is a wonderful tale of a nanny who comes to try and shape up the kids of Mr. and Mrs. Banks. As she is in this family she mends the bonds that were once broken and shows the family what being there for each other is all about.

Zjoli Butler plays the part of Mary Poppins for this show, “I am really looking forward to being in this show. It’s definitely going to be one of my absolute favorites with the classic story that I, and everyone else around me, loves.

Rory Olsen, also a senior, will be performing as Mr. Banks, “This musical is all about beginnings and ends. As a senior it is my final show which makes me kind of sad, but it’s also the beginning of the rest my life and the beginning of the careers of all of my friends on stage. It is going to be one epic show to go out on.”

This will be the second show performed on the newly remodeled stage and the cast is going to take full advantage of all of its features –  from the speakers and lights to the wireless microphones.

This show keeps all of the classic songs you love, as well as adds a few new additions to the mix. This will be a show everyone in the family can come see and enjoy.

Come see this timeless story play out on stage May 4th, 5th, and 6th. Doors open at 6:30 and the show starts at 7:00; for the first time ever, we are also offering a matinee performance on May 6th with doors opening at 1:30 and the show starting at 2:00. Tickets can be purchased for 5$ at the door or from any cast member.