The student news site of Jerome High School

The Roaring Times

Baseball wins in walk off fashion

Jordin Myers

The Jerome varsity baseball team was in action over the weekend and they were able to sweep the series against the Burley Bobcats in a walk off fashion.

In the first game of the series against the Bobcats. Senior Brandon Leal started the night on the bump and would go on to pitch, a shutout complete game. In a game where the Tigers had the momentum heading into this series after coming off great win last week. The Tigers were able to string hits together and would win the first game 4-0.

The next day, the Tigers would be back in action as they played at home against the Bobcats. This time it would be Junior Braydon Ahrens starting the morning on the bump. After coming off the shutout game, the Bobcats were looking to put up a fight and they would do just that. The Tigers would find a way to win though as they were tied heading into the bottom of the 7th inning. Junior Colten Craig is up to bat. After fouling a couple off just to stay alive. He gets ahold of one and this time the ball left the park in a walk off fashion.

In the final game of the series, Junior Jordin Myers started on the bump. The Tigers would continue stringing hits together. In a back and forth game the Tigers would find them find themselves up by one going into the 7th inning. The Bobcats were able to tie things up at 6, but not in time to remained playing with 9 as Senior Coty Hackett would get ejected at home plate trying to advance from 3rd. The Tigers had their chance to shine again as they had a runner on first. Once again it was freshman Jarom Wallace coming in clutch with a hit to right field. The runner from first would be able to score. The tigers would pull off the win. 7-6

The Tigers (8-10) (5-7) will host the Minico Spartans for Senior Night on Friday, April 28. Then turn around and travel to the Minico to play in a double header on Saturday, April 29.