The student news site of Jerome High School

The Roaring Times

Filed under Club Corner, Showcase

Staff Outreach

The Jerome High School staff works very hard in keeping our school running smoothly. We are thankful for all they do for us, but they don’t get the recognition they deserve. The student government’s goal in the Staff Outreach was to make sure the staff knows how much the student body appreciates them and all they do for the school by recognizing those who get little credit: janitors, counselors, kitchen staff, and administration.

Student government first recognized the school counselors by sneaking into the counseling center after school hours and taping up multiple hearts with appreciations written on them all over the walls, desks, and ceilings. When the counselors entered their offices the next morning, they were overjoyed with feelings of appreciation and love of students that they didn’t know cared so much for them.

Next, student government reached out to the janitors, who get the least amount of recognition of all school leaders. They teamed up with all the classrooms around the school to collect their trash during the last fifteen minutes of school, making the janitor’s job easier. They also presented the custodial staff with a bouquet of flowers and a poster with signatures from students around the school.

It was decided that the head administration deserved the most recognition, so they were each singled out and given a gift unique to them. A week after the athletic director moved into his new home, student government presented him with a housewarming wreath for his front door. For the principal’s birthday, they gave him an oversized card signed by each member of student government. As a new vice principal has been welcomed into our JHS family,  he and his family was presented with gift cards to celebrate his move to Jerome.

Student government greatly appreciate the school leaders and are grateful for the support they give the students in their endeavors in and outside of the classroom.