The Roaring Times

Filed under Club Corner, Showcase

Tiger Troupe in Pocatello

Jerome High School Tiger Troupe came back with a second place win at their state competition. The team is very happy with their results, and were excited to bring home the red trophy. The team had 12 entries break into the semi-finals round, which means they’re in the top 16 of the state.

Ruben Ramirez, co-captain of the team and semi-finalist, said, “It was really good for the team. Finding out we had 12 entries put a good energy in everyone’s mind. I knew as soon as I heard there were 12, we had a chance to do really well. I’m super proud of the entire team.”

In the finals round, the team had 5 entries break through, meaning they’re in the top 8 of the state. Marian Compton, a senior on the team and a finalist says, “I was kind of sad to find out that I was the only tech piece that broke into finals. I was really excited to see when the finalists were posted to see those on our team that made it. As a category leader it was so nice to see the people on our team grow and make it into finals.”

Team duos Jeanette Delcid and Ruben Ramirez as well as Joshua Nunez and Ulises Gonzalez were finalists in the Pantomime category. Marian Compton and Emma Bright were finalists in make-up. South Smith and Gio Ortega were finalists in Humerus Ensemble. Smith also broke into finals in Musical Theatre with his partner Estefany Orantes.

Out of those five finalists, Jerome had four medal, meaning they were in the top 3 of the state. Delcid and Ramirez got 2nd in Pantomime and Nunez and Gonzalez got 1st, which was such an exciting thing for the team. Ortega and Smith got 3rd while Smith and Orantes got 3rd as well.

The team was super close behind the first place team, and next year they intend to come back strong. It was amazing that when someone was upset, they didn’t break and there was always someone there to pick them up.

They are not only a team, but a family as well. Every victory is a victory for everyone, and they were so happy with the results of the state competition, and thank everyone for the support.