The Roaring Times

Filed under Club Corner, Showcase

Hispanic Dance Review

Last Friday, Crossing Bridges hosted their first hispanic dance at the high school. It was open to all members of the community, and many showed up that night. It was a very family-friendly atmosphere, welcoming kids to have fun with their families.

The gym worked out to be an excellent location. The bottom portion of the gym was used as the dance floor, and the top portion was used for the food and pictures. There were 2 live bands: Banda Xcorpion and Banda Cienega de Zacapu. Both bands were enjoyed by the crowd and had a variety of songs for everyone in the audience. People were smiling and laughing with their friends throughout the event.

Junior Kailey Esparza, an attendee of the dance, said, “It had a really good turnout. There was really good music, and I had lots of fun. If I were to change one thing, I’d probably change the time. Maybe from 9pm- 2am.” Most Latino Bailes are usually around that time, and it probably would’ve encouraged more people to go, but the dance was still a success either way. Esparza gave it a 4 out of 5.

The dance was a success for the Ortiz Family. It helped raise funds for them and it also helped bring the community together. It’s good to know that in times of need, the community will be there to support.