The Roaring Times

Filed under Opinion, Showcase

Time to Say Goodbye

It sadly comes to an end for the Class of 2018. With so many memories we have cherished together and we will always remember, it’s time to say goodbye. Being together for 12 years has allowed us to become not just friends with each other but becoming a family.

My first time meeting my classmates – or should I say my family members – was when I transferred schools in 4th grade. Some of my classmates, from the private school we were going to, came with me to Summit and we got to meet new friends. Then middle school came and the rest of the crew from the private school came. This is when I got to be with my new and old friends.

When high school came, everything changed for us. We started to find ourselves and were more open. Yes, we were sad for starting back at the bottom of the totem pole when we got there, but we were in it together.

Many upperclassmen told us that high school goes by fast, but did we believe them at first? No, of course not! But in reality it does. We have been through a lot together and have seen relationships fall apart, supported each others decisions, been there when something bad has happened, gone to sport games together, and many more. Not only were we in class with each other but we built a bond, a relationship that some hold close.

I believe that our class became very close when we lost a family member to our big happy crazy family, my dearest Bailey Helsley. This was very hard for us as Bailey’s fun loving personality was contagious, and it was hard to let that go. We had to be there for each other. We developed a special place for each other, a place where we could run to each other in despair, a place to laugh, a place to cry, and a place where we could be Ohana.

To all of the Class of 2018, it has been a journey through the 12 years and I wouldn’t want to graduate with anyone else. I hope the best will come to all of you and the most important thing of all is to have fun and be happy with this new chapter in life. I will miss this class and all the memories we made with it.