The Roaring Times

Filed under Club Corner, News, Showcase

Meet The 2018-2019 French Club Officers

French club might not be the most well known club in JHS, but it’s members, especially the club leaders,  love it. In case you didn’t know much about the Club, the leaders would like to say “Bonjour!” and share some of their experiences.

President – Guadalupe Pichardo (Soleil)

I joined French Club because it looks good on college applications, and you get to interact with other classmen and Mrs. Sobotka. I found myself joining in activities that I would have not done by myself. French Club is enjoyable because of the people, the activities and the environment. You should know that French Club is a good opportunity to learn about the French language and culture; it’s fascinating.

Vice President – Alondra Alvarez (Sabrine)

I joined the French Club because I wanted to be a part of something that would share this beautiful language and culture to Jerome High School. What made this club so enjoyable is that you are surrounded by people who are very kind and passionate. This club is very fun and it is the perfect place to make friends. I would like to have more members in our club’s family.

Secretary – Esbeidy Juarez (Bae)

I joined French club because it looked like a ton of fun and I loved French class so much that I thought “why not?” French Club is enjoyable to me because of all the cool places that we went to and all the new people and friends I made. I would like to get the French Club to host a masquerade ball.

Editor – Jade Spencer

My sister was the president my freshmen year, she really encouraged me to join. Once I did, I loved all the fun things we did and the atmosphere we had. French Club is welcoming, laid back, and positive. It would be great if the French Club could extend our family and bond together. It is a great stress reliever and such a worthwhile club!

Editor – Casandra Alvarez

At first I was kind of pressured into it but it didn’t take me long before I realized how great this club actually was. I could see all the friendships being made there, all the fun they were having and all the support they were willing to offer. That was when I knew that was a club worth staying at. You get to learn about the French and master the language while you are having fun. 

Treasurer – Juan Cortez (Koffi)

I wanted to join the French Club because I thought I would enjoy it and I wanted to expand my French knowledge. What makes it enjoyable is that everyone is very open and that everyone simply tries their hardest to make it even more enjoyable. I would like to leave behind an even better French Club so that future members can enjoy it to the fullest.