The Roaring Times

Filed under News, Showcase, Sports

Jerome Tigers vs. Burley Bobcats

Bobcat Clipart Tiger Paw - Pencil And In Color Bobcat Clipart regarding Tiger Paw Clipart Black And White - Letters

The Jerome Tigers Varsity football team commenced the 2018/2019 season in Burley, Idaho this past Friday night. Facing the Burley Bobcat Varsity team, they started off their season with a hard fight. Though it was an away game, there were many Jerome supporters present to cheer on their Tigers.

Head varsity football coach, Sid Gambles, has this to say about the game.  “We had a whole lot of first time varsity players. It showed their experience. I think they played really well.”

The team had a good start with a seven point lead in the first quarter. During the second quarter the Bobcats scored 2 points, still leaving the Tigers with a five point lead. The third quarter started to heat up, both teams fighting for the next touchdown.

Both teams battled it out with the third quarter ending with Jerome still in the lead, 16 to 19, despite a Bobcats interception. Jerome fought fiercely to hang on to their lead in the fourth quarter. To the dismay of the Tigers and their supporters, they lost their lead and the Bobcats walked away with the win. The score ending 29 to 26.

The Tigers played hard, as the score shows, only being down 3 points on an away game. For Gambles the stand out players this week were Dalton Raposo, number 11 and Garrett Elsen, number 25. Some may look at this as a loss, however others may simply see it as a starting point where the team will only improve. The out come of this game, does not define either team.  According to Gambles, “This game shows something about the rest of the season. If we keep making mistakes then we won’t win many games, but if we clean those up then we will do good.”