The Roaring Times

Filed under News, Showcase, Sports

Tigers vs. Tigers

The Jerome Tiger Girls soccer team played home against the Mountain Home Tigers, on Tuesday, September 4th. The girls were very fierce as they played and keeped it going through the whole game.

The girls Varsity Team conquered the Mountain Home tigers and took the win 4-2.

The JV team lost 0-2 with a heart full of winning passion.

Coach Garcia said, “ For them, I believe it’s  just playing for each other. My philosophy is to play for each other. If someone is suffering, we all are suffering, if someone wins, we all win, it’s just the motivation to look at each other and say, ‘i’m going to play for you’.” When asked about star players, Garcia said, “Makali Nance, she scored four goals”, we also asked him how he felt about the game and if the girls did awesome,  “ yes, very much. They didn’t give up on our little quote that we have for this year. It comes from Babe Ruth, it says “its hard to be a person that gives up”, so that’s our little quote for this year.”

Varsity player Antonia Gutierrez Benitez said, “we did really good, well, ok, there were some things we needed to work on.  I feel like a lot of the time we were kicking the ball up, besides that we did get a couple good shots. And all the shots we have been practicing in practice paid off, because that how we scored a lot of the goals. There is still some things we need to work on, but it’s the beginning of the season. I feel like we will improve. I played for 1 minute but for that 1 minute i pushed myself. I feel like the team is doing very good.”

An unknown player said “In last night’s game JV game was very good. We worked as a team, and we all felt we did great. Even though we didn’t make a goal, we made it through another great game.”

As they said, it was a tough game, but they did play like a family and had good happy attitudes towards how the game turned out.