The Roaring Times

Clubs You Might Not Know About II

In part one of this series, we mentioned Ultimate Frisbee Club, Shrub Club, and Chess Club. However, Jerome High School still has many more clubs that some may have yet to discover. In a continuation to the series, I would like to introduce you to more clubs that you might not now.  

BPA

Contact [email protected]

Or [email protected]

BPA or Business Professionals of America is a national career-technical student organization that helps students learn the necessary skills to become successful in the business world. BPA emphasizes goals toward success. There are competitions on business related subjects topics as an introduction to the competition in modern real word businesses. Members build valuable leadership, business, and communication skills. They also serve in service opportunities. They have opportunities to grow personally and professionally. There are over 50 in the primary topics of Finance, Information Technology, Administrative Support, Human Resources, and Management & Marketing. If they qualify, they have to opportunity to go to nationals this spring. They will be held at Anaheim , California on May 1-5.

This year the motto is “Together We Create”.

FCCLA

Contact [email protected]

FCCLA stands for Family, Career and Future Leaders of America. In this club students help out in community service projects, make friends, and create everlasting memories according to Ms. Fitzsimmons. Students also get the opportunity to compete and build leadership skills in Idaho and various states when they go to Nationals. If you are interested in being in this club, all you need to do is take or have taken a class in Family and Consumer Services (Foods and Nutrition, Child Development, Culinary Arts, Advanced Culinary Arts, Introduction to Hospitality Essentials).

The FCCLA 2018 – 2019 Officers are the following :

Idaho FCCLA State Officer / District 4 President / Chapter President: Jamie Garcia

District 4 VP / President-Elect / Chapter VP: Rilee Moore

District 4 Treasurer / Chapter Treasurer : Gabriella Gardener

VP of Community Service : Lizet Ramos