The Roaring Times

Night Of Scenes

The Jerome High School Drama Troupe recently showed their competition pieces, on October 16, to the community as well as Patrick Rexroat and a couple of his associates for the first time this school year. Our Jerome Tigers Drama Troupe would like to send out a special thanks to everyone that came to support them and see how far they have come. The very purpose for this night of underdeveloped performances was to help show where the students were in their preparation for the up and coming Districts Drama Competition.

“I got to see where people are at in terms of where their process is at,” Rexroat explains about a week after the performance night. “I think it’s nice for us to check in with an audience about half way through the process. Now that we have the basic things done we need to do the things to make this good.” The Jerome High School Drama Troupe couldn’t agree more. However, the increasing levels of stress and determination have only begun. Now is the time to really get their game on and start working toward everyone’s goal, winning Districts.

Since Night of Scenes the Tiger Troupe has been working harder than ever to perfect their performances. During an interview with Rexroat it was said that the team seems to get more work done in the few days before the performance night than any other time. Although Night of Scenes is only a stepping stone in the Tiger Troupe’s performance, it is a needed push in their preparation process.

When asked about how Rexroat thinks the Troupe will do at Districts, he says, “I think we should be competitive. I am hoping we will win. I think we are good enough to win. We just need to do the work.” If the team’s fearless leader believes that it can be done than surely it can, and hopefully will, happen. Ready to fight in keeping their District Drama winning streak, the Tiger Troupe plans on making this their 12th winning year. With this goal comes the hard realization of what it truly means to compete for these incredible young actors. This win will not only be for the drama team, however, but for Jerome High School as well because we win or lose together. We are one team, one town, one family. So good luck, Tiger Troupe. Go and get that 12th win!