The Roaring Times

Clubs You Might Not Know About III

Future Educators of America (FEA) has come to Jerome High School for the first time. It is a national club dedicated to helping prepare students looking to become teachers, and is associated with the similar minded, though international, Phi delta kappa organization. Students participating in the club have the chance to gain experience and learn important skills to help them with their possible career in education. This can mean anything from “preschool to college” says the FEA. “ This club is an opportunity to see if teaching is the right profession for you.” Its Mission Statement is “FEA cultivates highly skilled educators by guiding young people on a path to becoming accomplished teachers, beginning in high school and extending through college and into the profession.”

Though it is new to the Jerome High School, FEA is very involved in Idaho. Jerome is joining about a dozen other high schools in regions 4 (the Boise, Mountain Home area) and 5 ( the Magic Valley). It has support from the Idaho State University and is involved in the University’s Future Educators day for those who want to go into the educational field.

To get involved in the Jerome FEA, talk to Mrs. Nicholson or Mrs.Craig: [email protected]

[email protected]