Teacher Of The Week: Ms. Vanisko 

Jerome High School- This person is a great teacher. Her name is Mrs. Vanisko. Mrs Vanicsko is one of the kindest teachers I have come across in High school. One thing that made Mrs. Vanisko’s career of becoming a teacher is that she struggled a lot when she was at school. She said “ I wanted to become a teacher because I wanted to do something that helped people. I had a very hard time in high school, and realized it was very helpful to me to have my teachers as positive influences that cared about me. I wanted to help people like that as well, so I became a teacher. I also like helping people understand things (I did this a lot in high school)  so it made sense”. When she was younger she didn’t have the mindset of becoming a teacher. She said she didn’t think that she had the patience. She said “ It’s a lot easier to have patience with  people younger than me than my own peers though.  I also didn’t really like my education classes if they didn’t involve working with kids, so I wasn’t 100% sure I wanted to be a teacher until I was a student teaching”. She likes to work with high school students because she said it’s fun to be able to hear what her students are excited about. 

Her hero is her mom because she said “She went back to school when I was in high school to get her law degree, and that was really hard for her because she had to live 3 hours away for 3 years.  She pushed through it all though and did well in all her classes and became a lawyer.  I never even heard her complain about it, and she also never complained when we kept her from working because we wanted to spend time with her.  I think that motivation, but also that love are both really admirable and amazing”. Mrs. Vanisko is one of the best teachers in Jerome High School because she is always helping her students. One thing that i like about her is the way she gets along with everyone.