Covid Affecting Prom

Covid Affecting Prom

Jerome High School- This year at the Jerome High School the students will be able to have prom. Last year they had an on the spot prom right before the Coronavirus hit here in Idaho. But this year the school has planned ahead for prom. We believe that the prom will be changed due to the coveted pandemic still going on. We are wondering how it will change, and others seem to feel the same. Some are wondering if we should even have a prom this year, due to all the students in small, not well ventilated locations. 

We interviewed a student at the Jerome High School, who would like to stay anonymous, and asked them whether or not they are excited about prom this year. They replied back with, “Yes, I’m ready to finally do something this year since everything else has been cancelled.” Another question we asked them was if they thought that this prom will be fun or not due to the Coronavirus restrictions. They responded with, “Honestly, I feel like it will be a little stressful because the teachers will probably be telling us to stay six feet away from each other. Or yell at us for trying to take a breather and pulling our masks down for a few seconds. 

Many students are excited for prom this year since we do get a prom. Seniors are especially excited since they actually get a prom for their last year of high school. If you are going to prom, don’t forget to have fun. Don’t let your stress get the best of your prom night.