Mask No Longer Mandatory

Mask No Longer Mandatory

At the beginning of the school it was mandatory for everyone to wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart from everyone. Jerome High School did  what was necessary to keep your hands clean after doing any activity . The mask was part of the dress code, so if you weren’t wearing a mask you would get in trouble for not wearing your mask or the teachers would ask you to go and get a mask from the office. First thing in the morning the principal and the vice principal would walk around the hallways and ask students to put their masks on . then if a student went to class without a mask on or if the teacher had to argue with them to put it on they would get sent down to the office. Once a student got to the office you would either have to get a mask or have to call your parents. Recently the mandatory mask has been dropped. Students and teachers now have a choice to wear your mask or not and there are many students that do not wear their mask now and very few students that still wear theirs. The mask mandatory was dropped over spring break and so when students came back they had that choice to wear their masks or not. There was also another thing that was dropped from the students and teachers here at Jerome High School and that is that students and teachers had Wednesdays out and that was so that teachers and students could get caught up on their work and caught up on grading. I’m sure that there were a lot of students and teachers that enjoyed the Wednesdays out because then they could get caught up on school work that they fell behind on grading or doing homework. The reason they took Wednesday away is because too many students wouldn’t answer the survey the teachers sent out to see if their students were doing your work or to see if students were there and checked to see if they had anything to work on that the teachers posted. There were many other students and teachers that would take that time to sit down and get their work done so that way they can have the weekend to themselves.  That was gone when everyone at the Jerome High School went off for spring break to enjoy a week out of school. Why did they get rid of the school of no school on wednesday is it because too many students were not attending their school is it  because too many students were being marked absent. This is just a big question. Will they see a difference in attendance or not  will they see a difference in school work being done so is taking Wednesday away a positive move for Jerome High School. What if Jerome High School doesn’t see a difference in any of the things that should be getting done like school work, what are they going to do? Will they go back to wednesdays out. The big question is why did they get rid of masks and also take away wednesday at Jerome High School.