The Change in Dress Code

The Change in Dress Code

There is a commotion that is going on at Jerome High School recently the girls have been feeling that they have been targeted by what they wear to school. The reason that they feel this way is because boys that come out of body d or P.E. don’t change out of there muscle shirts and the boys dont get a warning or go change your shirt from teachers or principals. When the teachers or principals see girls that wear tank tops or anything like that they get told that they need to put a jacket on or they will call their parents to bring them a change of clothes. Also when guys wear pants that have holes above their knees they don’t get sent to the office to put bright neon colors over their holes in their pants. People that have to put the bright neon tape over the holes draw more attention then the holes in pants in both boys and girls pants. Then that student then has to go home and pull off the tape not only front their pants but from themselves because the tape has stuck to them for about 8 hours. The tape is pulled on their skin when they are walking and getting from there to other classes. 

The lead to all of this was a young lady named Angie. She saw how all the girls in the school were being treated differently between boys and girls and also saw how unfair it was. Angie is now deciding to stand up and wants everyone to be treated the same no matter what they wear. Angie believes that what you wear is some type of an expression because she loves summer and she wants to wear summer clothes on school day that are going to be hot. There are many other people like Angie and they want to wear clothes because it could be some type of an expression and it could show off how they feel about themselves. Austin then asked what kind of emotion she felt about the dress code being the way it is now and how students aren’t being treated fairly. Angie then told Austin that she feels angry for the way students are being judged for what they wear depending on the gender of that student. There could be many more students that feel the same way Angie feels at this point.