New Beginnings Senior College Signings  Mr. Horrocks Says Goodbye 

The last two weeks alone, there have been seven college signings. Their seniors are Jdub James, Joe Stevenston, Jayden Mcintyre, Peyton Harrison, Addy Wells, Kimberlee Crouse,  and Graci Butler. Jdub, Joe, and Jayden all signed to the University of Minnesota Morris for football. Peyton Harrison signed to the same school but for softball. Addy Wells signed to Colorado Northwestern for basketball. Kim and Graci both signed for dance at the College of Southern Idaho (CSI). 

We are so proud of our seniors and all of their accomplishments. They have done an amazing job at representing Jerome High School (JHS), in every way possible.  

We asked Mr. Horrocks three questions, he was recently offered a job at Century high school as a head football coach. We asked him the following questions.

1. Why did you choose the coaching job at Century?
  2. Were you an assistant coach here at Jerome?
  3. Do you think you will stay at Century until you retire?

He answered them with these answers, 

1. “I played college football at Idaho State University so I spent about 4-5 years of my life in Pocatello. I met my wife there. We both have family in Pocatello, as well. So I’m very familiar with the area and the schools there. For some reason, I always had an inkling that I would end up back in Pocatello and I thought if I was to go back, where would I want to go. Century was at the top of my list. They have a great school culture where they strive for excellence both academically and athletically. I knew that I’ve always wanted to be a head coach, so when the opportunity to be a head football coach opened up, especially at a school that was at the top of my list, I had to go for it.”

1. “I’ve been coaching here at Jerome for the past 6 years. I’ve been the varsity defensive coordinator the last 4 years or so. It’s been a great experience and I’m thankful to have had this opportunity to learn and grow – as a teacher, coach, and person.” 

1. “That’s the goal. I’m the type of person that wants to set up roots in one place and be there for the rest of my career. I want to help develop and build the football program and take it to new heights. I also want to help every student and player that I come across. I want to be at a place where I can have an everlasting impression on and that can have an everlasting impression on me. I can definitely say in the short time I’ve had here at Jerome, I’ve definitely had incredible students, players, and friends that will have an everlasting impression on me. And for that, I will be forever grateful.”

We are thankful for the athletes getting signed and the amazing coaching. We wish Mr. Horrocks the best of luck at Century and we will miss his great coaching!