Student of the Week: Nick Reynaga

Student of the Week: Nick Reynaga

Jerome High School’s student of the week is senior Nick Reynaga. Nick is active on the JHS varsity soccer team, which recently took 3rd at state. Nick was chosen as student of the week due to his kind attitude and commitment to Jerome High School athletics. Nick is known at JHS for his approachable personality, and his ability to talk to anyone and everyone.

When interviewed and asked about his likes and interests the main thing he talked about was his love for soccer. When asked how long he had been playing soccer he responded with ¨ I have been playing soccer for thirteen years. I enjoy it a lot. I remember playing since I was about four.” This truly shows his commitment and devotion to the team and the sport.

Here at JHS, it is mainly required to have good grades when in sports. So when asked how do you keep your grades up, Reynaga said  “It’s really hard but I have a good coach to help me out.” While playing soccer you can run into some bumps and competitiveness and can be a poor sport, so we asked how he keeps the team up even when they are losing and he said “ Definitely positivity, if there’s always gonna be negativity on the field is gonna be negative and if someone makes a mistake lift them up.”

Student of the week Nick Reynaga in the future inspires to be like professional soccer players Neymar and Christiano Reynaldo. He aspires to do his best and continue being a model student here at JHS. Congratulations student of the week Nick Reynaga!